Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Chapelle de François Villon

All right. Shhh! Don't tell anyone. I love to escape to this enchanting chapel in Metz Cathedral. It's so spiritual. I alway feel uplifted, mystical, moved. When I've got the blues nothing helps me overcome them more than the light peering through these magical stain glass windows. I cannot recommend the experience more highly.
I've spent most of my life fleeing religion, religious people and especially the horrible acts they commit in the name of their faith. When I heard our former president state that Jesus was his favorite philosopher I cringed. Quelle honte! That is especially true living in this Post-religious atheist society that France has become. The kind of comments coming out of America, be they from some televangelist, a Morman missionary, or reports of seeing the Virgin high on the hill somewhere are considered barbarious for a Modern, rational, educated country that should have had time to get over all this Medieval Superstition. So, I can't imagine the looks on my friends' faces if I dared to reveal that I actually do believe in something... well, I don't know what actually? but a visit to La Chapelle de François Villon really makes my day.
By the way, these pictures don´t give justice
Rontay







No comments:

Post a Comment